Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday is no good day

Today is my first attempt to bring Jae to the center. Mummy has been bringing her there whole week. So I thought a change might helps. Boy it wasn't easy. Jae started weeping the moment we stepped into the center. She kept pushing for me to turn around and pointed at the door. I gathered enough courage to press the door bell for someone to come open the gate. One of the caretaker came, saw her and begin to take her temperature. Little Jae was so afraid of her she started crying even louder when the caretaker touched her. But the caretaker went about grabbing her head and measured her ear temperature anyway. I swear, seeing her grab my child by the head to stop her from turning around, I almost wanted to slap the caretaker in the face. I've never seen my kid so afraid of another person. What the fuck have they been doing to my kid? 


By then I was already half decided to turn around and go home. The shootbird-eyes told me my kid is running a slight temperature. Sweet. So I pick up the bag and carry her back home.


Think she caught the bug from mummy. Silly woman was feeding the kid with her own spoon when she was telling her sister-in-law that she's having diarrhea and cannot share the cups. 


Brought the little one to a doc in the evening. She's feeling much better now. Still very clingy. But at least she started eating. The center will be closed on Monday. After that, I don't know how we smoothen out her transition. I wish there's an easier out. I hope our parents will be more ready to help out. But the reality is we got to depend on ourselves now. It'll be tough for this period. I just hope this transition will be short and without unnecessary problems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.. poor little jae.. so heart-aching to read abt her experience @ the centre... and watz up with e caretaker?

jae must be very drained and to read dat she's not as cheerful as before reali hurts.. BIGGEST HUGS to dear jae!

eil, give urself some time too.. i know it must be soooo tough to see her in agony & yet u cannot reali back down... take care too gal! and cheer up urself! she'll be fine soon...

Little Jae said...

Thanks Hippo! Let's just hope tomorrow will be a better day! :)