Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dinner

Eversince the new rice cooker arrived, I have been searching for simple one dish recipes which Jae can eat too. So far these are the food that I have tried...
"Claypot" Chicken Rice

1st time trying this, and I really put in the effort to make it nutrtious. On top of chicken, there's long bean, chinese sausage, chinese mushroom and garnish with spring onion.

Taste: 8.5 /10


Japanese Curry Don

I bought the instant Jap Curry Cube. So simple, just add water, carrot, potatos and beef. Dinner less than 15minutes (plus preparation).

Taste: 7 /10
I think I put in too much water and it can be tastier if onion is added. Plus it could be even better if it is more spicy, I guess next time I will put in extra curry powder.


GyoDon (aka Jap Beef Rice)

Simple Dish too! Dashi (Jap stock), soy sauce, mirin, sugar, onion, carrot & beef. It turns out great, the whole family likes it. Next time I will use slice beef instead.

Taste : 9 /10


Jap Port Cutlet

Made a side dish together with the Gyodon. It's so simple that I think I will teach Jae to make it next time. You only need salt, pepper & garlic powder to marinate the meat. Then tap into flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb and finally deep fry it.

Taste : 9 /10
Jae's favourite, she finished one whole piece herself.

Up until now, you should have realise that I have been making alot of Japanese recipe.
Reason! We bought a pack of Japanese short grain rice @ Mediya.
I like the shiny and abit sticky texture. It's really delicious and fragrant. I guess I will not cook any other rice from now.

Next up in my recipe book? I'm still thinking and googling.. maybe something raisin rice??
Leave a comment if you have any suggestions or recipe for me to try.


1 comment:

hiPPo said...

u r one great mummy!! the food looks so yummy... *drools*