Monday, September 15, 2008

Hello Lantern Festival

Perhaps it was the fading memories of my last horrendous visit to the Cheena Garden during Lantern festival many many years back that prompted me to bring the whole family there again. After so many years I would expect the traffic control would be better. I realized I was dead wrong when we were caught in the jam to the carpark for 1 hour....only to find out the carpark is packed full.


8:45PM was the time we finally managed to park our cars.


Turns out the festival should be renamed "Hello Lantern Festival" with all the Hello Kitty "lanterns" everywhere. There was Hello Kitty in a F1 car; a Hello Kitty on the podium; a Hello Kitty on a boat. OMG the organizers totally went ga-ga with Hello Kitty and gang! Whatever happened to da traditional cheena cheena lanterns? The Chang-er and bunnies? Chinese deities? No? I can accept a bit of Hello Kitty but the whole park of it is kind of monotonous after a while. Especially when you start to find all of them the same, just in different positions and backdrop.


Cost us 15 bucks per person. Never going back there ever again!



Jae enjoyed herself very much!



No comments: