Saturday, August 23, 2008

Never expected!

This was extracted from Daddy's blog 2 years ago.....

Children
Thursday, July 06, 2006
...aka monster/life-force sucker. I remembered talking about it some time ago. My stand on this issue is still the same; kids? Kill me instead.

But I have been wondering: what would make me want to have kids?

Can you picture me holding a baby?

No stop that. Let's work on a list of possible/impossible scenario where I might consider procreating these monsters:

1. OPPSS...
2. When it actually turns out to be legal to keep children in the double-walled, sound insulated household shelter.
3. When it is possible to clone myself and make a better version of me.
4. When our dear Leeder wants to adopt my son..
5. When I turn 35...make that 40...hell 50...I mean...
6. Cable TV, internet, computer cease to exist, suddenly.
7. When the primal nature in me got turned on one day much like the way I decided to get married
8. When the day parents will no longer have to fight against each other to get their kids into a respectable school
9. When I marry Angelina...no wait I am already married!
10. When the question of "what for" finally gets answered...somehow.



And this was was what Daddy wrote shortly after 1 year later...

Daddy or Papa
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
...or simply dad? This is one of the questions that came to mind that will become relevant in time to come. I don't know really. Maybe "Pap" will sound a little more closer.

So far fatherhood has been strange. Strange in the sense I would rush home from work so that I can spend some time carrying her, even though she's asleep most of the time. That alone makes my hard day at work worth it. She has become a channel for me to take work off my mind for a few hours.

Feeding has become sort of familiar. The only I can't do myself now is express my own milk. Other than that everything is pretty easy. I think the hardest part is still waking up in the middle of the night to feed the baby. If I managed to feel the kick from wifey the next hardest thing will be to keep awake while feeding the baby.

I love her smell. It opens with a powdery bubbly note and sometimes ends with a hint of fish. It's the best perfume in the world!! :P


:)

No comments: