Friday, September 4, 2020

Why Jae? Why Sesha?

I know someday, you'll ask why I chose these names. I could easily choose a more "Chinese" friendly name or invent something silly which I'm quite sure your mum will like.

Why Jae?
It's a short for Jade. I always wanted this name for my daughter. Way way before I even got married. I think it's a beautiful name to associate with a girl. I always picture a lady with the name Jade to have charisma and class. But the real deeper reason is I want my first child to be my precious forever. I like the history of Jade being the equivalent of gold in ancient China; the most previous mineral man can have. Why not gold or diamond you may wonder at this point. Because I want you to remember your roots. That we will always be Chinese and carry the virtues of Chinese.

Eventually the name evolved to Jae, which I feel has a more light-hearted ring to it. Which suits your character very well so far. You are always that little cuddly girl who loves attention and things that makes you happy.


Why Sesha?
Another name I always wanted if I had a son is Freeman. Inspired by Morgan Freeman, a black actor whom I admire a lot. But it's the real meaning of the name that sticks with me; freedom. More specifically the freedom of speech, the freedom to chose, the freedom to live your life to the fullest. Every person deserves to enjoy these freedom. Not everyone appreciate the millenias of fear, fighting and hardship in order for us to enjoy these freedoms. I hope you'll grow up appreciating these freedoms and become a free-spirited person. Responsible but always dare to make a choice.

No comments: