Friday, January 2, 2009

Ipoh and KL


When the agenda of the trip is eat, what you have to do is quite simple; digest as fast as possible. 

It's like we were trying to get a taste of as much food as possible during our one week vacation to Ipoh and KL. Mealtime is pretty much out of the window. The opening time of the coffeeshops and stores dictates when and what we eat.

But I have to admit the food in Malaysia is gorgeous. The TV is always saying about the great tasting and variety of Singapore food. That's because they haven't gone to Malaysia yet. Maybe more specifically they didn't have a local to bring them around where all the good food are.

I still can't forget the rojak, the "po piah", the bean sprout chicken and prawn noodles. Taste me, nothing in Singapore even come close to those I had in Ipoh.

The only thing I don't miss are the mosqitoes. They were giant size and everywhere. I don't mind getting bitten but the little one has allergy to mosqitoe bites. So I have to smoke out the rooms every night with insecticide before going to bed. I didn't do that the first night and Jae woke up with 9 bites on her face! (She was wearing long sleeves so not much skin exposed) Her whole face was swollen by the second day.

Back to the food, I think I'm suffering from MFWS now. (Malaysia food withdrawal syndrome)



More photos here

No comments: