Wednesday, December 10, 2008

GUG and Swimming

Back when I was small, there's nothing like pre-kindergarden. There's kindergarden and no kindergarden. Sending your kid to a pre-kindergarden/nursery was somehow unnecessary to the people of those time. Now, there's a playgroup school round every corner. New methods from Europe, Japan and US. Left brain, right brain. All of them promise to make your kid a smart alec before she even go to kindergarden. Such kiasu-ness. Jeez I don't even remember how I spend my days before I went to kindergarden.

We have almost decided to end her swimming lessons by the end of this term. Nothing new taught. All the same old routine everytime. But I know Jae loves swimming. Hopefully we'll be able to find another class that teaches something fresh. We are also contemplating if we need another term at GUG. Somehow I'm not very convinced by it. I don't mind the drawings and toys but I thought the lessons can be better. Jae is happy as long as there's toys and new things for her to break.

Maybe we'll send her somewhere else. Somewhere with a smaller playgroup, more songs and dancing and perhaps muppets too. I know these classes wouldn't be cheap. Oh well we shall see. It's got to be worth it at least.

No comments: