Friday, October 17, 2008

Infant Care + Child Care

This week was a care center hunting for us. In total, we have visited about 10 infant/child care center. We are looking for a place to put Jae for long term. We have been by her side for over a year now, and it has been the most wonderful time for us. We almost put a halt to our career (more like a slow down!), guiding her thru this vulnerable journey. Watching her grow, seeing her smile, her laughter and witnessing her every "first", all these bring smile to us, and nothing can be replace. I'm sure I'm going to miss all these moments when we put her with someone's care.

It is about time, we have to shift back to our career and at the same time, let my mum gets back her freedom. I'm really thankful for her taking care of Jae ever since day 1 from hospital, her dedicated care for me during my confinement and sacrifices she made during this year. Knowing she's still a recovering cancer patient, I have to be fair to her. Jae is a toddler now and can be demanding some time and my mum can't carry her for long. Now it's time for her to slow things down and enjoy her retirement and just enjoy playing with her grandchildren. She used to spent alot of time doing up her aquarium and she travels alot, now it's time for her to get back her life and do what she likes and go wherever she wants to go. Thank you Mum!

Back to center hunting, we have narrowed down a few centers and found some really good ones. We will be finalising this few days and she will start her "school" in Nov 1st.

"Jae! Mummy going to miss you!"

No comments: